Forbes name five Premier League clubs in 50 most valuable sport teams
Five of the Premier League’s ‘Big Six’ have made the list, dominated by NFL clubs, and have all remarkably seen their values rise in the last year despite the pandemic.
Five Premier League clubs have been named in Forbes’ 50 most valuable sports teams of 2021.
Despite over a year of dealing with the impacts of the global pandemic, the average value of Forbes’ 50 most valuable sports teams has risen by 9.9% – 55% compared to five years ago.
Forbes uses ‘published valuations for each sport during the past six months, calculated using revenue and operating income adjusted for revenue sharing, and include the economics of each team’s arena deal but not the value of the real estate itself.’
La Liga giants Barcelona and Real Madrid, both yet to officially withdraw from the European Super League, boast that prestigious tag in fourth and fifth place respectively, along with German heavyweights Bayern Munich (10th), while fellow ESL absentees Paris Saint-Germain only rank joint-43rd.
Manchester United ($4.2b / £3b) are the highest-valued English outfit in 11th, one place ahead of Liverpool ($4.1b / £2.9b).
Manchester City closely follow, tied for 13th spot ($4b / £2.8b) and Chelsea are joint at the halfway mark ($3.2b / £2.3b).
Arsenal are the lowest-valued of the Premier League’s inclusions, sitting 38th with a value of $2.8b (£2b).
More than half of the sports teams on the list are NFL clubs (26), and they include the likes of Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke’s Los Angeles Rams and Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Groups’s Boston Red Sox.
Notably, the Glazer family’s Tampa Bay Buccaneers miss out on the list on the back of last weekend’s protests outside and inside Old Trafford, sparked by the recent Super League proposal.
List in full:
- Dallas Cowboys (NFL, $5.7b)
- New York Yankees (MLB, $5.25b)
- New York Knicks (NBA, $5b)
- Barcelona (La Liga, $4.76b)
- Real Madrid (La Liga, $4.75)
- Golden State Warriors (NBA, $4.7b)
- Los Angeles Lakers (NBA, $4.6b)
- New England Patriots (NFL, $4.4b)
- New York Giants (NFL, $4.3b)
- Bayern Munich (Bundesliga, $4.21b)
- Manchester United (Premier League, $4.2b)
- Liverpool (Premier League, $4.1b)
- Los Angeles Rams (NFL, $4b)
- Manchester City (Premier League, $4b)
- San Francisco 49ers (NFL, $3.8b)
- Los Angeles Dodgers (MLB, $3.57b)
- New York Jets (NFL, $3.55b)
- Chicago Bears (NFL, $3.53b)
- Washington Football Team (NFL, $3.5b)
- Boston Red Sox (MLB, $3.47b)
- Philadelphia Eagles (NFL, $3.4b)
- Chicago Cubs (MLB, $3.36b)
- Houston Texans (NFL, $3.3b)
- Chicago Bulls (NBA, $3.3b)
- Denver Broncos (NFL, $3.2)
- Boston Celtics (NBA, $3.2b)
- Chelsea (Premier League, $3.2b)
- San Francisco Giants (MLB, $3.18b)
- Las Vegas Raiders (NFL, $3.1b)
- Seattle Seahawks (NFL, $3.08b)
- Green Bay Packers (NFL, $3.05b)
- Pittsburgh Steelers (NFL, $3b)
- Baltimore Ravens (NFL, $2.98b)
- Minnesota Vikings (NFL, $2.95b)
- Miami Dolphins (NFL, $2.9b)
- Atlanta Falcons (NFL, $2.88b)
- Indianapolis Colts (NFL, $2.85b)
- Arsenal (Premier League, $2.8b)
- Los Angeles Clippers (NBA, $2.75b)
- Brooklyn Nets (NBA, $2.65b)
- Los Angeles Chargers (NFL, $2.6b)
- Carolina Panthers (NFL, $2.55b)
- Kansas City Chiefs (NFL, $2.5b)
- Houston Rockets (NBA, $2.5b)
- Paris Saint-Germain (Ligue 1, $2.5b)
- New Orleans Saints (NFL, $2.48b)
- Jacksonville Jaguars (NFL, $2.45b)
- New York Mets (MLB, $2.45b)
- Dallas Mavericks (NBA, $2.45b)
- Cleveland Browns (NFL, $2.35b)
Follow Our Activities On Facebook
5 hours ago
Bimbo Ademoye, Mofe Duncan Star In ’13 Letters’
The official trailer for ’13 Letters’, GidiBoxOffice’s first original feature film, has been released ahead of its October theatrical release….
Nigerian Startups might just be Crippled by a Recently Leaked bill
Over the years there has been talks of amendment on the 2007 Act of the National Information & Technology Agency (NITDA).
Why We Love Kelechi Amadi Obi
The definition of talent is Kelechi Amadi’s iconic story. Imagine a person who studies law in school, gets called to Bar, and leaves it all for something different and unrelated…Painting!