blueprint afric logo
   NEWS

Three people have died and more than 150 have been reported sick in the last few days in Uganda. Uganda has gone further into investigating a supply of food from the World Food Program (WFP) which is suspected to have caused the social ill.

The food was part of a community feeding programme in the northeast Karamoja region, a semi-arid area where the UN food agency has long provided food aid for people facing poor harvests.


People suffered diarrhea, nose bleeds, and other health problems after eating the food, police said in a statement.

"Police are “actively investigating the death of three people…from eating adulterated or poisonous food supplied by the WFP,” according to the statement".


Samples of the food and patients’ urine and blood had been sent to a government laboratory for analysis.

WFP was not immediately available to comment on the police investigation.

The food agency said on Saturday it had suspended distribution of Super Cereal – a fortified blended food – at all its operations in Uganda.


“From the outset, WFP has treated this as a matter of extreme urgency,” the agency said.

Uganda hosts a large population of refugees mostly from South Sudan and the Democratic Republic of Congo where widespread insecurity has uprooted hundreds of thousands of people.

 (Reuters/NAN)

Read More
time posted  comments 0    views 292 

The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) has moved to seize plots of land and buildings valued at N4.8 billion from the  Shehu Yar’adua Foundation and 29 other firms.


ICPC Spokesperson, Mrs. Rasheedat Okoduwa disclosed this in a Press Statement in Abuja.

She said that the properties included 22.9 hectares of undeveloped land, one plaza, and a block of six two-bedroom flats located in Wuse, Zone 1, Abuja.


“These belong to Shehu Musa Yar’adua Foundation, Vibrant Issuance Brokers, Millard Fuller Foundation, Maibuhu Farm and Construction Limited, Gabcon Enterprises Limited and a host of others.

“In the course of investigations, the alleged owners of the property disclaimed ownership.

“The move to seize the property spread around Abuja follows a petition to the  ICPC by the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) accusing the companies of defaulting in tax payments to the tune of N288.2 million.”


Okoduwa said that section 37 of the Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Act 2000 empowered the commission to seize assets alleged to be subject of an offense under the law.

“While Section 48 authorizes it to apply to a High Court for an order of forfeiture within 12 months of the date of seizure,” she said.


NAN

Read More
time posted  comments 0    views 202 

ACCRA- The National Democratic Congress (NDC) flagbearer, former President John Dramani Mahama, on Thursday, 14 March 2019 brought to end activities of his flagbearer-ship campaign team during a meeting in Accra.

Mahama expressed gratitude to members of the team across the country for their hard work and dedication to getting him elected as the flagbearer of the NDC for the 2020 elections.


The former president, who singled out minority caucus Members of Parliament for appreciation for believing in and supporting his flagbearer-ship bid, also thanked all those who, in diverse ways supported his campaign.

Mr. Mahama said, if elected president again in 2020, he will work hard to provide jobs and reduce the high cost of living in the country.

Read More
time posted  comments 0    views 169 

President Muhammadu Buhari has received a congratulatory message from 'The Foursquare Gospel Church' on his re-election victory.

The congratulatory message is contained in a letter to the President by the General Overseer of the Church, Rev Felix Meduoye.

According to Mr. Femi Adesina, the Special Adviser to the President (Media & Publicity), Meduoye wrote the letter on behalf of the Board of Directors, leadership and entire worshippers of Foursquare Gospel Church in Nigeria.

The statement reads:

Your victory at the presidential poll held on Saturday, February 23, 2019, is a testimony of God’s divine providence over your life.
We commend your administration for providing the enabling environment for a generally peaceful and successful election.
We urge you to see your renewed presidential mandate as a call from all Nigerians to you to marshal the growth, unity, and stability of our dear country.
We, therefore, pray that God will enable you to utilize this God-given mandate to continue to forge a strong, virile and united Nigeria irrespective of race, religion or region.
As a Church, we will continue in our duty of offering prayers for the success of your administration, for your sound health and for divine wisdom to guide you in lifting the country to the desired level of growth, development, and progress.

Read More
time posted  comments 0    views 220 

On Friday, The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) reported that 12,574 Nigerians have so far returned from Libya under the Assisted Voluntary Returnees Programme, which began in April 2017.


The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) also reports that the Coordinator, NEMA Lagos Territorial Office, Mallam Idris Muhammed made this announcement while receiving a fresh batch of 174 Nigerians who arrived from Libya on Thursday night.

Muhammed lauded the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) and the European Union (EU) for facilitating the return of Nigerians stranded in the volatile North African country.

According to him, over 4,900 of the returnees have also been trained on various skill acquisition and empowerment training by IOM through special funding facilitated by the EU.

He added that most of these returnees had set up various businesses in their choice of occupation and were contributing their quota to national development.

Muhammed assured the returnees of the Federal Government’s readiness to continue to support and collaborate with other development partners in providing enabling environment for young Nigerians to actualize their potential.

He said the new returnees arrived on the 64th flight facilitated by the IOM and EU.

Muhammed said: “The returnees were brought back aboard an Al Buraq Airline Boeing 737-800 aircraft with flight number UZ 389-390 and registration number 5A-DMG.

“The aircraft arrived at the Cargo Wing of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos at about 9.45 p.m.

“At the end of profiling, the breakdown of the returnees shows that they were 62 female adults, 11 female children and 11 female infants making a total of 84 females.

“The males were composed of 74 male adults, 12 male children and four male infants making a total of 90 males,” the NEMA coordinator said.

Read More
time posted  comments 0    views 195 

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has been restrained from conducting a supplementary Governorship Election in Adamawa, fixed for March 23. This ruling was made by a Yola High Court on Thursday.


The ruling by Justice Abdul-Aziz Waziri, followed a request to that effect filed by counsel to the Adamawa Chapter of Movement for the Restoration and Defence of Democracy (MRDD), Mr. Mustafa Shaba, over the absence of the party logo on the ballot paper of the inconclusive election.

Delivering the ruling after going through the two affidavits in support of the motion including that of extreme urgency, Justice Waziri, held that the request has merit and therefore was granted.


“After a careful perusal of the annexure of the MRDD 1 to 5 alongside written address of counsel urging me to grant the application, I am of the view that the application is pregnant with merit and must be granted.

“I hereby grant the following order.

“The defendant herein, the INEC is restrained whether by themselves, their executives, servants, privies, representative nominees or any other person or persons from proceeding with the supplementary election in respect of Adamawa State Governorship pending the hearing and determination of the Motion on Notice.”


The Judge ruled that all the processes relating to the suit be served to Adamawa INEC in Yola in compliance with Order 6 of the Court.

The case was adjourned till March 21 for the hearing of the motion for the interlocutory injunction.

Speaking to newsmen on the development, counsel to MRDD, Mr. Mustafa Shaba said the plaintiff, MRDD represented by the state chairman of the party, Ibrahim Umar, rushed to the court to complain against what he described as “serious infraction”.


“The party has come to court and fortunately the election has not been concluded to stop INEC from further breaching of the party’s candidate (Rev. Eric Theman) right.

“We want the logo to be in place and the election to start afresh.

“What we apply for today is for Interim injunction restraining INEC as it is for now from proceeding until the needful is done,” Shaba said.


NAN

Read More
time posted  comments 0    views 159 

Gov. Rochas Okorocha of Imo seems to have enough blame to pass around. This time, he blames the National Chairman of All Progressives Congress (APC), Mr. Adams Oshiomhole, and the party’s governorship candidate, Sen. Hope Uzodimma, for the inability of the party to win the governorship election in the state.


He said posterity would judge the two for their alleged corrupt roles in the February election.

In a release issued by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Sam Onwuemeodo in Owerri on Thursday, the government alleged that Uzodinma worked for Peoples Democratic Party in the just concluded elections.


He said Uzodimma was one of the first to celebrate with the PDP Candidate, Chief Emeka Ihedioha, after he was declared the winner of the election, citing a video of the two contestants as proof of his guilt.

“We had maintained that Chief Uzodinma was just a mole in the APC and today, the governorship election in the state and its outcome have obviously vindicated us, aside from the fact that a video of Chief Uzodinma’s celebration with Ihedioha has gone viral on the social media.”


He also said that Uzodimma succeeded in the alleged plot by ensuring only his supporters were made agents of the party, adding that his target was to destroy APC in the South-East.


“Chief Uzodinma succeeded through Adams Oshiomhole to ensure that only his supporters were made agents of the party, from the list he sent from Abuja to the Independent National Electoral Commission.

“Unfortunately, none of Uzodinma’s and Oshiomhole’s approved agents were seen either at the ward, local government or at the state level; they didn’t care about the election and its outcome.

“At the end of the day, the APC candidate came fourth. And he has been celebrating with the PDP candidate.”

“Their target as it has been shown now is to totally destroy APC in the South-East and in Imo in particular, thereby authenticating the claim in some quarters that it is all about 2023.

“We had equally maintained the contention that Imo people would not vote for Uzodinma because they know him very well, but Oshiomhole refused to listen.

“He came forth and never showed that he took part in the election; Posterity and history will Judge Oshiomhole and Uzodinma over the fate of APC in the South-East, especially in Imo State,” Okorocha said.


NAN

Read More
time posted  comments 0    views 146 

The senior special assistant to Kano state's Governor Abdullahi Ganduje on urban beautification, Hashim Suleiman, has reportedly resigned from his government over the governor's refusal to accept defeat in the governorship election.


Suleiman, in a resignation letter reportedly submitted on Wednesday, March 13, said that the governor lost to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)'s candidate, Abba Kabir Yusuf, but refused to accept defeat.


The SSA also accused the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) of declaring the election inconclusive after realizing that the incumbent governor has lost, Vanguard reports.

Read More
time posted  comments 0    views 162 

The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has announced the official commencement of its 2019 recruitment on its official Twitter handle.


The group stated that those eligible for the recruitment are qualified graduate trainees and experienced hires.


The group gave out the information via its Twitter handle, @NNPCgroup.


The post reads,

“We are hiring, Are you passionate about building an exciting career in NNPC? Join us.
“NNPC and its subsidiaries will NEVER request payment for applications and/or job placements. All interested applicants will be required to undergo the NNPC recruitment process.
”Warning: Please ensure that you apply for one job position only. Multiple applications will lead to the nullification of all submissions.”

Click here:  https://careers.nnpcgroup.com/  and follow the instructions.

Read More
time posted  comments 0    views 190 

The suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen, was absent during his proceedings on Tuesday before the Code of Conduct Tribunal, where he is charged with six counts over allegations of the fraudulent declaration of assets.

Chief Adegboyega Awomolo (SAN), counsel to Onnoghen, who explained his absence to the three-man bench, said the suspended CJN developed a toothache, which needed to be treated urgently.

He also presented a medical report from the hospital the suspended CJN is reportedly receiving treatment.

Aliyu Umar (SAN), prosecuting counsel, who received a copy of the report, made “an observation”, noting that Onnoghen had high blood pressure.

According to Umar, Onnoghen’s doctor recommended bed rest for the suspended CJN.

In the light of the report, the tribunal adjourned the case until March 18, 2019.

Read More
time posted  comments 0    views 224 
Blueprint T.V
View All Post    
Latest Posts
Latest Tweets
Tweet Us     
Blueafric Media
Ogwugo market
LILBURN FITNESS CENTER ENUGU
Lilburn Product
Lilburn Spa
Lilburn Loyalty Reward Card