Bad Bunny, a well-known international recording artist, has been named Apple Music’s Artist of the Year for 2022 in recognition of the musician’s superior musical talent and cultural impact.
By Omotayo Olutekunbi
The year 2022 saw incredible songs from the biggest names in music published, but one artist really took the crown. The artist’s sixth effort in four years, “Un Verano Sin Ti,” was released this past May and is currently the most-streamed Latin album of all time on Apple Music. In addition to the staggering sales figures, Bad Bunny has also been a major factor in the recent seismic change in worldwide pop music.
“We’re thrilled to celebrate the achievements of Bad Bunny, whose influence on every corner of culture could not be ignored in 2022,” said Oliver Schusser, Apple’s vice president of Apple Music and Beats.
“Watching Bad Bunny ascend from an Apple Music Up Next artist in 2018 to our Artist of the Year this year has been nothing short of extraordinary. We congratulate him on his record-breaking year and for continuing to bring Latin music to a massive global audience.”
In an exclusive film that delves deep into the 2022 Artist of the Year, Bad Bunny speaks about the announcement to Apple Music and is released today:
“When I started, I didn’t have a global fan base,” “I’m grateful for everything I’ve accomplished and everything I’ve experienced. The Latin music movement has grown so much. I would never take full credit or say, ‘It’s because of me.’ No, it’s every one of us. A whole generation. Our energy and presence is always felt.” Upon being presented with the Apple Music Award, he adds: “Thank you to Apple Music and to all the people who listen to my music every day. I’m super happy!”
Here you can witness Bad Bunny’s rapid climb and the distinctive music that helped him win Apple’s Artist of the Year award.
Taking control of the “La Fórmula” playlist today, Bad Bunny handpicks his favorite songs from artists like Myke Towers, Rauw Alejandro, Mora, Jhayco, and others on Apple Music. The entire day is dedicated to Bad Bunny on Apple Music 1.
Looking back at some of Bad Bunny’s most notable performances on Apple Music:
- Bad Bunny is the biggest Latin artist of all time by streaming worldwide on Apple Music.
- Upon its release on May 6, 2022’s ‘Un Verano Sin Ti’ became the biggest Latin album of all time on Apple Music, holding the record for first-day streams worldwide.
- Bad Bunny’s ‘Moscow Mule’ holds the record for the biggest Latin song of all time by first-day streams worldwide.
- Bad Bunny has logged 22 songs on the Daily Top 100: Global, breaking the record for most simultaneous entries by a single Latin artist.
- Bad Bunny’s songs have reached No. 1 on the Daily Top 100 in 34 countries worldwide — more than any other Latin artist. He’s hit the top 10 of the chart in 77 countries.
- 44 of Bad Bunny’s songs have reached the Daily Top 100 in countries across the globe, and three of his songs have hit No. 1 on the Global chart — more than any other Latin artist.
- Bad Bunny holds the No. 1, No. 2, and No. 3 Latin albums by first-day streams.
- In February 2018, Bad Bunny became Apple Music’s first Latin Up Next artist for the platform’s rising artist program.
- He also served as the debut host for ‘Trap Kingz’, the first Spanish-language global radio show on Beats 1 radio, and hosted the show’s first six episodes in 2017.
Follow Our Activities On Facebook
10 hours ago
12 hours ago
13 hours ago
15 hours ago
#BigBrotherNaija “Level Up” Week 6
Though last Sunday Sunday was meant to be a “no-eviction” day, it came as a shocker when fake housemate, Modella…
Dating in 2022; Situationships Are Not For The Fainthearted
Situationships are defined as that space between a defined relationship and something other than a friendship. It is a romantic…
20 Questions With Dinta Media’s Visual Storyteller, Chimeremogo Nwoke
Dinta Media is not really just a media production brand but we like to see ourselves as a hub for…
How Are Nigeria’s Small Businesses Coping?
The current rising rate of inflation and other burdens against the Nigerian economy speaks to the realities of the times.
Thrifting Is All The Rave Now, Here’s Why
By Amy Adindu The affordable clothing movement has gained global attention and acceptance as we’re all trying to look like…
#BigBrotherNaija “Level Up” Week 2
Week 2 of the highly watched Nigerian TV show kicked off with an early plot twist. On Sunday, Big Brother…
#BlueTunes: Burna Boy, Omah Lay Top Album Picks For July
July was a promising month for music lovers; from Lizzo’s album titled Special and Imagine Dragons’ Mercury, (Acts 1 &…
#BlueTunes Album Picks For June
Gbagada Express – Boj Bolaji Odojukan, popularly known as BOJ, was raised both in England and Nigeria. He shot to…
“A Creative’s Dream” with Jeff Chinonso
On the 26th of June 2022, Jeff Chinonso hosted his first solo art exhibition. The Augmented Reality exhibition themed “A…
Nigerian API-based company Thepeer raises $2.1 million
Tech infrastructure startup Thepeer has raised a $2.1 million seed round according to a report from TechCabal. Thepeer, a Nigerian…
Dika Ofoma, Ugochukwu Onuoha take on grief in Debut Film “The Way Things Happen”
The twenty-minute film focuses on the loss of a loved one, and how grief changes a person.
Nigerian Startups might just be Crippled by a Recently Leaked bill
Over the years there has been talks of amendment on the 2007 Act of the National Information & Technology Agency (NITDA).
Why We Love Kelechi Amadi Obi
The definition of talent is Kelechi Amadi’s iconic story. Imagine a person who studies law in school, gets called to Bar, and leaves it all for something different and unrelated…Painting!