blueprint afric logo
   NEWS

Bill Gates and his wife, Melinda, plan to donate $18 million to family planning programs through the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), All Africa reports. Their foundation made the announcement during an international family planning conference in Rwanda.


The Gates Foundation has a long history of pushing birth control on some of the world’s poorest countries while their people cry for clean water, food and basic health care. Though the Gates family says the money does not go toward abortions, it gives money to some of the largest abortion providers in the world, including the International Planned Parenthood Federation and Marie Stopes International.


    The [Gates’] fund will be managed by the United Nations Population Fund’s thematic programme dedicated to expanding access to family planning, UNFPA Supplies, for the Ouagadougou Partnership countries such as Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Guinea, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Senegal and Togo.


    Under the Ouagadougou Partnership, family planning efforts will be made with initiatives that enable 120 million more women and girls to use contraceptives by 2020 and accelerate progress in the use of family planning services in targeted countries.


The Gates family’s work with the abortion industry and UNFPA is concerning because of the groups’ record of human rights violations against unborn babies and women. UNFPA promotes abortions, but it also has been linked to oppressive population control measures in China, including forced sterilizations and abortions.


The Gates Foundation and other population control groups have made a goal of expanding birth control throughout the world by 2020. At the conference, leaders said they have been falling short of that goal, The Guardian reports.


The report continues:


    According to FP2020, an estimated 317 million women and girls in the world’s poorest countries are now using a modern form of contraception, 46 million more than in 2012.


    However, in its report published this week, it admitted the figure was way short of its target to reach an extra 120 million women in 69 target countries by 2020.


In an interview last month, Gates did not hesitate to say population control is their goal. His foundation recently released a new report about its work toward “ending poverty and fighting inequality.” According to the news outlet, the report suggests measures to shift Africans toward “wanted births or fewer early births as a means to reduce population growth in Africa.”


Gates said they are working toward that goal by increasing access to contraception.


“The biggest thing is the modern tools of contraception,” he said. “There are implants, injections, IUD. And, obviously, if you have those things available, then people are more in control of being able to space their children.”


Those promoting population control have been harshly critical of the Trump administration for expanding the Mexico City policy, which prohibits international funding to groups that promote or provide abortions, and defunding UNFPA



Read More
time posted  comments 0    views 119 

A former president of Nigeria Goodluck Jonathan has been marked as "Nigeria’s worst political mistake" days after launching his book "My Transition Hours" on 20th November, 2018.


The text highlights the experiences of Jonathan while occupying the role of president, a period M.K.O's wife Zainab Duke-Abiola has described as the lowest moment of the country's political history.


According to The Cable News, Zainab released a statement on Thursday, November 22, 2018. In her comments, she blames the ex-president for poor decisions. One of which has ensured that he is only able to take helicopter rides to visit his village owned mansions.

"I think the only option left for Jonathan is to plead with God and Nigerians for forgiveness and until we forgive him, he should remain in his purgatory of lethargy. No amount of write-up can erase the fact that he took this great nation for granted.

Image result for zainab duke abiola

"The indeprecabilis question for Jonathan to answer is What did he do with the power Nigerians entrusted him with? Did he ameliorate the sufferings of Nigerians or even the marginalized Niger Deltans? Did he even put drinking water in his own village? Are Jonathan’s village mansions accessible by road? Why does he charter helicopters to travel to his own village?


“Jonathan said corruption is not stealing and thereafter flagged off the looting spree of the treasury, which ultimately plunged Nigeria into recession when he left. Jonathan will go down in history as Nigeria’s worst political mistake," Zainab Duke-Abiola is quoted by The Cable.


My Transition Hours, a bunch of lies

In more comments, Zainab submits that President Jonathan was extremely incompetent and had been fixated on retaining power in the year 2015, but unfortunately lost to the incumbent President Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress (APC).


Jonathan reportedly instructed the People's Democratic Party (PDP) to print a single nomination form to make himself the sole candidate.


"The book is a monumental manipulation of historical facts and figures.


"Though President Jonathan conceded defeat to President Muhammadu Buhari after he lost the elections, he remained fixated on the presidency and did not want to believe that Nigerian voters swept him out of power because of his gross incompetence and ineptitude.


"For the records, Jonathan lost the election because he made himself the sole candidate of the PDP despite his abysmal failure in governance.


"He directed the party to print only one presidential nomination Form 001, which I paid for, but because of his blind ambition, he confiscated my presidential nomination Form 001 and went into the political battlefield in borrowed robes, thereby meeting his political Waterloo accordingly."


Read More
time posted  comments 0    views 95 
The National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) on Friday expressed sadness over the death of 11 students of University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID) in an auto accident on Tuesday.

A total of 11 students of UNIMAID died in the accident on Nov. 20 on their way to Damaturu from Maiduguri following the ASUU strike.

The National Public Relations Officer of NANS, Mr Best Okereafor, gave the condolence in a statement issued in Enugu on Friday.

He stated that “NANS mourns the fallen Nigerian students and in same vain attribute the demise to the ongoing Academic Staff Unions of Universities (ASUU) strike.

“NANS believes that if the strike was not ongoing; the students would have been in school, studying.

“NANS is calling on the Federal Government to save our future and consider the souls of these fallen innocent Nigerian students often told that they are the leaders of tomorrow. Can we lead in grave?

“In as much as we believe in the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration, NANS is on this sad note, calling on Federal Government to make students happy by meeting the demands of the striking ASUU and Colleges of Education lecturers without further delay.”

According to him, ASUU should not politicize the industrial action but consider the lives of Nigerian students by shifting grounds.

“We appreciate the ASUU agitations as some are students oriented and we are part of the struggle as we are most affected as well.”

(NAN)
Read More
time posted  comments 0    views 134 

The Bauchi state Police Command says it has banned all forms of gathering in public places in the state to forestall violence often caused by restless youths.


The command’s Public Relations Officer (PPRO), DSP Kamal Abubakar, said this in a statement on Thursday in Bauchi.


News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the restriction is sequel to a crisis that erupted on Sunday at a birthday party in Yelwa Ward, Bauchi.


Abubakar explained that the action was in line with Public Order Act and its statutory responsibility of prevention of crime.


“Henceforth, any person or group of people wishing to organize any form of social event should get security clearance from Divisional Police Officer (DPO) of that area or as the case may be from the Area Commander.


“The permit can also be obtained from the Commissioner Police not less than 48 hours of the scheduled gathering time.


“Anybody found violating this order will be arrested and dealt with according to the law.


“Once again, the command appeals for cooperation of the members of the public in this regards as it is done in the best interest of peace-loving people of the state and not to deny anybody’s fundamental right to  freedom of association,” he said.


The spokesman added that the command would ensure that the existing peace and security in the state was sustained.


(NAN)

Read More
time posted  comments 0    views 87 

Samsung Electronics apologised on Friday, to workers who developed cancer after working at some of its factories, finally ending a decade-long dispute at the world’s top chipmaker.


Campaign groups said  that about 240 people have suffered from work-related illnesses after being employed at Samsung semiconductor and display factories, with around 80 of them — many of them young women — dying.


The father of a dead 22-year-old worker and the company’s co-president Kim Ki-nam signed a formal settlement agreement in Seoul as other disabled ex-employees looked on.


“We sincerely apologise to the workers who suffered from illness and their families,” said the firm’s co-president Kim Ki-nam. “We have failed to properly manage health risks at our semiconductor and LCD factories.”


Samsung Electronics is the world’s biggest mobile phone manufacturer and chipmaker and the flagship subsidiary of the Samsung Group, by far the biggest of the family-controlled conglomerates that dominate the South’s economy.


Samsung currently operates vast semiconductor production compounds in Suwon as well as the cities of Hwaseong and Pyeongtaek, south of Seoul, as well as Xian in China.


Under a deal announced earlier this month, Samsung Electronics will pay the group’s employees compensation of up to 150 million won ($133,000) per case.


It covers 16 types of cancer, some other rare illnesses, miscarriages and congenital diseases suffered by the workers’ children. Claimants can have worked at plants as far back as 1984.


The scandal emerged in 2007 when former workers at its semiconductor and display factories in Suwon, south of Seoul, and their families said that staff had been diagnosed or died of various forms of cancer.


A series of rulings and decisions by courts, Seoul’s state labour welfare agency and a mediation committee followed over more than 10 years, culminating in Friday’s announcement.


Hwang Sang-ki, who signed the agreement on behalf of the workers and their families, told reporters he was glad to have fulfilled his promise to his daughter, who died of leukaemia in 2007, to prove Samsung was to blame for her death.


But he went on: “The apology honestly was not enough for the families of the victims but we will accept it.


“No amount of apology will be enough to heal all the insults, the pain of industrial injuries and the suffering of losing one’s family.


“I cannot forget the pain she and our family went through. Too many people have suffered the same fate.”


Little is known about possible connections between the production process in the factories and the workers’ illnesses, as Samsung has refused to disclose what specific chemical substances it uses, describing the information as a trade secret.


Hwang and other relatives have sought a court order to compel it to release the details.


“Compensation for industrial injury is important, but what’s more important is prevention,” said Hwang, whose story was made into a movie in 2013.


Samsung has played a key part in the South’s rise to become the world’s 11th-largest economy, but it is also the focus of resentment over the power and influence of the chaebols and has faced accusations of murky political connections.


Its de facto leader Lee Jae-yong was found guilty of bribing former president Park Geun-hye as part of the corruption scandal that brought her down, and he spent almost a year in prison before most of his convictions were overturned on appeal and he was released.


The cancer scandal is one of the worst instances of industrial injuries in the South, where safety standards sometimes belie its advanced technological status.


Two months ago, two subcontractors were killed in a carbon dioxide leak at Samsung Electronics’ Suwon chip plant.


In January, four workers suffocated due to a gas leak at a steel factory owned by Posco — the country’s top steelmaker — in the southern city of Pohang.


(NAN)

Read More
time posted  comments 0    views 77 

The Ekiti government on Thursday said it would effect the arrest of any herdsman caught with arms. The Deputy Governor, Chief Bisi Egbeyemi, made this known  at a peace meeting held with representatives of herders and farmers at the Government House in Ado-Ekiti.

The meeting  followed  recent attacks against farmers by suspected herdsmen. 


Egbeyemi, according to a statement issued in Ado-Ekiti by his spokesman, Odunayo Ogunmola, said government  would empower security agencies to arrest and prosecute  herdsmen caught attacking residents and destroying farm lands.

He also  said that the state government would not tolerate a repeat of the attack on Orin Farm Settlement in Ido/Osi Local Government Area last year in which a pregnant  farmer was killed.

The deputy governor said  government was duty bound to protect all  law-abiding Nigerians , including settlers in the state  who are engaged in legitimate businesses. He warned  herdsmen against grazing  on farm lands, noting that this  had led to massive loss for farmers. Egbeyemi  also told  herdsmen to steer clear of government reserves, maintaining that  security would be beefed up  to arrest encroachers.

The deputy governor, however, cautioned  farmers against resort to self help,  urging them to report any attack or destruction of their farms to the appropriate authorities. 


(NAN)
Read More
time posted  comments 0    views 121 

With the number of rape cases, sexual abuse and violence against women/girl child; one will begin to doubt the truth in some of these cases. 

The police on Thursday, arraigned a 15-year-old boy in an Ikeja Chief Magistrates' Court,  who allegedly sexually abused a seven-year-old girl.


The accused, who lives at  No. Obanta St., GRA, Apapa, Lagos, is being charged with sexual abuse.


The prosecutor, Insp Raphael Donny told the court that the accused committed the offence on Oct. 26 at 4 p. m. at No. 4 Obanta St., GRA, Apapa, Lagos.


According to the report from the prosecutor, the boy allegedly lured the girl into a garage outside their compound where he abused her.


The offence, he said is contrary to the provisions of  Section 28 of Child Rights Law of Lagos State 2015, (Revised)

Read also: 60 Year Old Uncle Remanded For Allegedly Having Anal Sex With His Nephew

The accused went ahead to plead not guilty to the charges labeled against him.


Chief Magistrate B. O. Osunsemi, in her ruling, admitted to the accused, to bail in the sum of N300,000 with two sureties in like sum.


Osunsemi ordered that the sureties must be gainfully employed with an evidence of three years tax payment to the Lagos State Government and have their addresses verified by the court.


She adjourned the case until Dec. 19 for hearing.


(NAN)

Read More
time posted  comments 0    views 103 

A Makurdi Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, ordered that a 60-year old man,  Terhemen Nyajo, who police accused of allegedly forcing his nephew, Ushahembe Wuese to have sex with him, be remanded in prison custody.


Nyajo, who lives behind Akpehe Market, Makurdi is charged with unnatural offence punishable under Section 285 of the Penal Code laws of Benue, 2004.


The prosecutor told the court the accused  confessed to the act during investigations.


The accused, however,  pleaded not guilty to the charges against him.


Ishaya prayed the court to remand the accused because the police was still conducting “further investigations”. 


(NAN)

Read More
time posted  comments 0    views 94 

The story going on and on about men of God raping or being sexually involved with female church members, is no more an African inclined social convention.

A South Korean Pastor has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for raping eight of his members more than 40 different occasions at his mega-church in Seoul, Yonhap news agency reported.


Lee Jae Rock of the Manmin Central Church, which has about 130,000 followers, was convicted by the Seoul Central District Court of using his authority to commit the rapes, the agency reported.


The 75-year-old regularly took advantage of his followers’ trust in him as a man close to God, Yonhap quoted the court as saying.


The church, which was founded by Lee in 1982 and claims to have more than 10,000 branches around the world, was expelled by the Christian Council of Korea in 1999 under the accusation of “heresy.’’


On its website, the church claims that “countless have received God’s healing of such incurable and terminal diseases as AIDS, cancer, and the like on the spot when Rev Dr Lee prayed not by placing his hand on each of the sick but merely from the pulpit.’’


(NAN)

Read More
time posted  comments 0    views 104 

The Nigerian Election Debate Group has fixed Dec. 14, as date for presidential debate that will see candidates of different political parties unveil their plan for country ahead of the 2019 general election.

The group’s chairman, Mr John Momoh who disclosed this on Thursday in Abuja at a press conference said the vice presidential candidates would slug it out on Jan. 19, 2019.

Momoh who is also the chairman of the Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria (BON), noted that the debates would hold at the Transcorp Hilton Hotel, Abuja and would be broadcast live by all BON member stations.

NAN reports that President Muhammadu Buhari is the candidate of the All Progressives Congress with Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo as his running mate.

The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party is Alhaji Atiku Abubakar with Mr Peter Obi as his running mate.

(NAN)

Read More
time posted  comments 0    views 108 
Blueprint T.V
View All Post    
Latest Posts
Latest Tweets
Tweet Us     
Blueafric Media
Ogwugo market
LILBURN FITNESS CENTER ENUGU
Lilburn Product
Lilburn Spa
Lilburn Loyalty Reward Card