blueprint afric logo
   NEWS

Nigerians aren't about to fall for what the police force is giving them right to do.

This is what we've always demanded right? it's suddenly served us in a platter of very hot coal coated in fine gold and we are screaming it's a TRAP!

It's quite impossible to not scream it's a trap considering what we've gone through in the hands of the Nigeria police force but what if this is it? What if this is what we've always wanted?



Let me backtrack a little; the Nigeria Police Force has said that Nigerians have the absolute right to politely request to search policemen in select circumstances.

The Force Public Relations Officer, Frank Mba, said this in a statement on Monday titled, ‘(Part 2) Tips For Safe And Cordial Conduct During An Arrest.’

The statement reads that if an officer is about to search a citizen or his property, it becomes the absolute right of the citizen to first demand to search the policeman in order to ensure that no evidence is planted to incriminate him(the citizen).


According to the NPF, Nigerians also have the right to demand to know the reason for their arrest whenever an arrest is about to be made.


The Force spokesman further stated that in some instances, Nigerians have the right to demand that an arrest warrant is presented before allowing themselves to be apprehended. 


The statement reads in part,

“You may politely request that the officer be searched before searching you. Often times, this helps to allay fears that someone may be trying to plant incriminating items on you or implicate you in any other way.

“Demand to see the warrant of arrest where necessary (note, however, that not all invitation/arrest requires a warrant). As a matter of fact, under our laws, the Police have wide powers to arrest without warrant in many circumstances.

“Politely request that the officers allow you inform a trusted friend or a family member or a lawyer soon after your arrest in order to avoid unnecessary apprehension as to your whereabouts or safety.

“If the arrest requires the officer to conduct a search on you, demand to see the Search Warrant and comply with all legitimate instruction during the search (note that there are a lot of instances where a policeman can search you with or without a warrant).”


The Force called on Nigerians never to resist arrest, even if it seems unjustified. 

So this is rather contradicting as The Police had already stated that we should demand an arrest warrant before allowing ourselves to be apprehended. How can they still say we should not resist arrest even if it feels unjustified? 

 

The force further counseled Nigerians to never interfere in the arrest of a third party.

According to the statement, the Police may ask one to perform some tests such as walking in a straight line if a person is pulled over on suspicion of being drunk or high on drugs.

A Nigerian also has the right to decline writing a statement upon arrest.

What do you think though? Will this actually work?

Read More
time posted  comments 0    views 157 

Housing developers and landowners found love in the sight of Idaw River Layout Enugu state as foundations and newly named streets sprout up in the area. 

With such recent development, the area is bound to be flooded by foreign investors and realtors in no time.

In a twist of events, a young man loses his life while digging a foundation in one of the lands in this developing area.

The man who was working at a building site in an area marked off as Ikirike, reportedly died on Monday after an underground foundation collapsed on him.


The incident happened near the Ikirike police station. The deceased has been identified as Chidera from Ngbo, Umuogudu Oshia, in Ohaukwu local government area of Ebonyi State.

Read More
time posted  comments 0    views 115 

The Minister of Interior, retired Lt.-Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazau had said on Monday that the Federal Government cannot affirm giving the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association money during its recent meeting with the group in Birnin Kebbi.

The minister made this statement in Anka, Zamfara, on Monday while entertaining questions from newsmen.


He described information that government gave the group money as the ”fabrication of mischief makers’’.


“Let me state categorically that during our meeting with members of the Miyetti Allah representatives, no issue of money was discussed at all, not to talk about giving them any.

“We did not give them even one kobo, the information being spread is the fabrication of mischief makers trying to divert from the matter facing us, which is the killing of innocent citizens.

“My visit to Zamfara today is in furtherance of that meeting to discuss with stakeholders and as you have seen, we are on course and confident that the issue of banditry in all the affected states is coming to an end,” he said.


According to reports gathered from the News Agency of Nigeria, the minister had earlier told the Emir of Anka, Alhaji Attahiru Ahmad that he was in the state at the instance of President Muhammadu Buhari to address insecurity in the state.


He assured farmers that the government would provide adequate security for them to farm without hindrance during the farming season.


Ahmad, who is also the Chairman of the Council of Chiefs in the state, urged the government to do more in order to resolve the crisis.


He said unless something more serious was done, there would be no farming in the state during the year, adding that many villages had been deserted with more displaced women and children coming to the towns.


Ahmad said at the moment, there were more than 16,000 internally displaced persons in Anka who had escaped bandits’ attacks from nearby villages.


He advised that security agents should invade all the deserted villages which were now hiding places for the bandits to enable displaced villagers.

Read More
time posted  comments 0    views 108 

You'll have to agree that a lot has gone wrong in the world of tech which all inevitably boils down to cybercrime. If somehow you've been able to not have encountered these mishaps, you are indeed covered. Imagine losing all the data connecting you to the internet? I can't even imagine it for myself.

In respect to such bad luck, WhatsApp had on Monday urged all of its 1.5 billion users to update their apps as an added precaution against hackers who remotely install surveillance software on phones and other devices.


According to gathered reports, the hackers were able to operate using a major vulnerability in the messaging app.


WhatsApp, which is owned by Facebook, said the attack targeted a “select number” of users and was orchestrated by “an advanced cyber actor”.

A fix was rolled out on Friday.


The attack was developed by Israeli security firm NSO Group, according to a report in the Financial Times.

The attack was first discovered earlier this month, according to the BBC.


It involved attackers using WhatsApp’s voice calling a function to ring a target’s device. Even if the call was not picked up, the surveillance software would be installed, and, the FT reported, the call would often disappear from the device’s call log.


WhatsApp told the BBC its security team was the first to identify the flaw and shared that information with human rights groups, selected security vendors and the US Department of Justice earlier this month.


“The attack has all the hallmarks of a private company reportedly that works with governments to deliver spyware that takes over the functions of mobile phone operating systems,” the company said on Monday in a briefing document note for journalists.


The firm also published an advisory to security specialists, in which it described the flaw as: “A buffer overflow vulnerability in WhatsApp VOIP stack allowed remote code execution via specially crafted series of SRTCP packets sent to a target phone number.”

NAN

Read More
time posted  comments 0    views 132 

(dpa/NAN) Government has said that some social media networks will be temporarily blocked in Sri Lanka, after messages shared online raised religious tensions that have been running high since the deadly Easter Sunday bombings. This statement was declared on Monday, May 13.


A police spokesman, PS Ruwan Gunasekara, said that in one case a message shared on Facebook led to a tense situation on Sunday in the town of Chilaw, 80km north of the capital Colombo.


A number of people surrounded and damaged an Islamic religious center and police arrested a person, identified as Abdul-Hameed Mohamed, who had allegedly posted an inflammatory message on Facebook.


An overnight curfew was imposed in parts of northern Sri Lanka to prevent further violence.


Gunasekara said other false messages on social media claimed a terrorist group has been arrested close to the capital and that three people, who were pretending to be medical students were arrested at a hospital on the city’s outskirts.

Read More
time posted  comments 0    views 113 

A herdsman, Muhammadu Usman, who had allegedly killed two brothers has been remanded in prison pending legal advice by direct order from an Ilorin Magistrates’ Court on Friday.

The Magistrate, Oluwabukola Oreoluwa, who did not take the plea of Usman, ordered that he be remanded at Oke-kura Prison Ilorin, pending legal advice from the office of the Kwara Director of Public Prosecutions.

Oreoluwa adjourned the case until May 28 for further mention.


Earlier, the Prosecutor, Insp. Isaac Yakub, informed the court that the accused hacked Usman and Salihu Abdullahi and stole their cattle at Elemere via Malete in Moro Local Government Area of Kwara.

He said the accused was caught while trying to escape and the stolen cattle were recovered from him.


The police charged Usman with culpable homicide and armed robbery, which contravened the provisions of Section 221 of the Penal Code Law and section 6(B) of Robbery and Firearms Law of Nigeria 2004.


He prayed the court to remand the accused in prison custody pending the outcome of the investigation.


NAN

Read More
time posted  comments 0    views 108 

It's not every day you see reports or headlines like this. We don't even know if this is a punishment or if the offense should at all be brought to court. The report states that the 'convict' was seen inhaling an embalming chemical somewhere around Jos. Though his intentions aren't known, he pleaded guilty to the offense charged against him.

The excerpts below are the original contents of News Agency Of Nigeria.

An Upper Area Court sitting in Kaswan Nama, Jos, on Friday ordered a 25-year-old businessman, Shagari Adamu, to sweep the court premises for inhaling psychopathic substance in public.

The Judge, Lawal Suleiman, ordered Adamu to sweep the court’s premises until the close of work in the public glare, to serve as a deterrent to those who would want to commit such offense.

Earlier, the prosecutor, Daniel Longwal, told the court that the case was reported on May 4, at the Anglo-Jos Police station by a patrol team led by Insp. Chiroma Nenyok, who arrested the convict.

Longwal said that the convict, who lives in Rikkos, Jos, was caught inhaling an embalming chemical, popularly known as Madu Sukulie in the public.

After the arraignment, Adamu pleaded guilty to the offense, which the prosecutor said contravened the provisions of Section 166 of Plateau Penal Code law.

NAN

Read More
time posted  comments 0    views 119 

Barcelona's forward, Luis Suarez has rendered an apology backing his manager. Taking blames on behalf of his teammates. He is sorry for the way Barcelona played following the club’s 4-0 loss at the hands of Liverpool yesterday.


This he termed a second humiliating Champions League exit as it was the same way the club fell against Roma in the Champions League in 2018, Liverpool responded with four goals – two each from Divock Origi and Georginio Wijnaldum – to knock the La Liga champions out of the competition.  


Suarez says it’s time for Barcelona to look inward after having failed in the Champions League in epic fashion in back-to-back seasons.  


"We have to do a lot of self-criticisms, it's the second time the same happens to us,” he told reporters. “We cannot make these mistakes two years in a row, we have to reproach ourselves for what we are doing wrong, thinking that everything was finished." 


The loss to Liverpool has brought about immediate heat on Barcelona boss Ernesto Valverde, but Suarez was quick to back his manager and says the result falls on the players.  


"We are the ones who play, the coach made the tactic that he made in the first leg,” he said. “We, the players, have to be self-aware, we are the ones who play. 


"We have to apologize for the attitude, we were not a team. To our families, our children, our fans, we have to ask their forgiveness, it can not be that in a minute we concede two goals. In the fourth goal, we looked like youngsters. We have to understand all the criticisms that are going to rain on us.” 


Suarez says they feel very sad, hurt and pained for failing their fans and families. But regardless, they are standing firm for other matches coming their way. 


Barcelona still has three matches left in their season, with two La Liga contests and the Copa del Rey final against Valencia on May 25.

Read More
time posted  comments 0    views 122 

If you recall sometime in February 2016, This is Africa shared the gut-wrenching picture of an abandoned toddler, who was accused of being a witch in Uyo, Nigeria. The toddler was rescued by Anja Ringgren Lovén, a Danish humanitarian worker, and her husband, David Emmanuel Umem who run the African Children's Aid Education and Development Foundation, a charity organization dedicated to helping abandoned children

Recently, the charity worker, Anja Ringgren, shared pictures of the boy who she named 'Hope' on Facebook, donning his school sports kit, participating in the inter-house sports competition.

A year after his rescue Hope made such a remarkable recovery and started attending school, news which went viral on social media, and it was celebrated by many people across the continent.


Fast forward to 2019, Hope is a living testimony to the power of humanity to help others in need, transforming lives by alleviating suffering, protecting life and health, and upholding human dignity.


Anja Ringgren shared the story, and latest pictures of Hope on Facebook, donning his sports kit, representing his team in the school's inter-house sports competition. The lovely pictures certainly warmed the hearts of many people who followed the story from when the boy was rescued in 2016.


Anja wrote on Facebook:

"From being branded a witch, abandoned, rejected and stigmatized to representing his school in 100 meters race Read More

time posted  comments 0    views 149 

Chief Ayo Adebanjo shares his thoughts on President Buhari's re-election victory.

The leader of the pan-Yoruba socio-political organization stated that he would not recognize President Muhammadu Buhari as president-elect of Nigeria because the 2019 presidential election that produced him was a farce.

The elder statesman expressed optimism that Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), would reclaim his mandate at the court, Daily Independent reports. 

Going further, he alleged that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) wrongly declared President Buhari as the winner of the election.

“The election was a farce. I don’t regard Buhari as president. Buhari was wrongly declared a winner by Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC). When we get to court, we would know who the real president is.
“How can you call Buhari president with the way the presidential election was conducted in a 21st century Nigeria? Look at the elections, they were completely militarised. Corps members were openly kidnapped to rig the elections.
“Nobody would tell me such elections would be recognized by the court. We would not be violent. Let the court not ignore the evidence that would be put before it,” he said. 


Elder statesman and leader of Pan Yoruba group, Afenifere, Chief Ayo Adebanjo have warned that Nigeria will break up if not restructured in the next 10 years. According to him, Nigeria is not a united and healthy country, lamenting that the government has failed to protect lives and properties. 

NAN

Read More
time posted  comments 0    views 149 
Blueprint T.V
View All Post    
Latest Posts
Latest Tweets
Tweet Us     
Blueafric Media
Ogwugo market
LILBURN FITNESS CENTER ENUGU
Lilburn Product
Lilburn Spa
Lilburn Loyalty Reward Card