Hey hey, did you know that you can't talk and breathe in at the same time? My kid sister said excitedly. I stared at her like she had just said the dumbest thing ever. How can't you breathe while talking? I started saying; so when someone is talking for a very long time they don't breathe? The further I argued, the more I realized the importance and truth of that very unimportant fact.
Try talking and breathing in, it won't sync at all.
Tried it yet? Not working right? I thought so.
There are a lot of useless facts unknown to us but their importance should not be underrated.
Check out some of these ones I gathered below:
1. Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated. This has to be a shocker, like who refrigerates rubber bands? Who even thinks of things like that.
2. Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite. So we can stop the excessive production of dynamites and also reduce terrorism by protesting against peanuts?
3. The national anthem of Greece has 158 verses. No one in Greece has memorized all 158 verses. I really don't blame them.
4. There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
5. A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes. Oh, I didn't know fishes never blink with both eyes. Did you know?
6. There are more chickens than people in the world (at least before that chicken-flu thing). This explains why we all try to kill them.
7. The longest one-syllable word in the English language is “screeched.” Did you know this?
8. All of the clocks in the movie Pulp Fiction are stuck on 4:20. Pulp Fiction is a 1994 American crime film written and directed by Quentin Tarantino, who conceived it with Roger Avary. Starring John Travolta, Samuel L. Jackson, Bruce Willis, Tim Roth, Ving Rhames, and Uma Thurman, it tells several stories of crimes in Los Angeles.
9. No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver or purple. Check this one out.
10. “Dreamt” is the only English word that ends in the letters “mt”. All of the other words that end with mt are variations of dreamt only(undreamt,redreamt).
11. Winston Churchill was born in a ladies’ room during a dance. Though the stories vary, they still have one thing in common- Winston was born prematurely in a closet or ladies room at Blenheim Palace 1874.
12. Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts. For all the Barbie lovers and fans in the house.
13. Every time you lick a stamp, you consume 1/10 of a calorie. Lick a lot of stamps and you may gain that weight you've been hoping for.
14. The average person falls asleep in seven minutes. Can someone confirm this though? Get your stop watch running before you go to bed tonight and lets find out.
15. Studies show that if a cat falls off the seventh floor of a building it has about thirty percent less chance of surviving than a cat that falls off the twentieth floor. It supposedly takes about eight floors for the cat to realize what is occurring, relax and correct itself.
16. Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every 2 weeks otherwise it will digest itself.
17. The citrus soda 7-UP was created in 1929; '7' was selected after the original 7-ounce containers and 'UP' for the direction of the bubbles.
18. 101 Dalmatians, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, and Mulan are the only Disney cartoons where both parents are present and don't die throughout the movie. .
19. A pig's orgasm lasts for 30 minutes. I didn't know this.
20. A person cannot taste food unless it is mixed with saliva. For example, if a strong-tasting substance like salt is placed on a dry tongue, the taste buds will not be able to taste it. As soon as a drop of saliva is added and the salt is dissolved, however, a definite taste sensation results. This is true for all foods.
21. 'Stewardesses' is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand.
22. To escape the grip of a crocodile's jaws, push your thumbs into its eyeballs - it will let you go instantly.