blueprint afric logo
Young Rugby Player, Sam Ballard, Dies 8 Years After Eating A Slug
By Chioma Okwu

Promising young rugby player died on Friday at the age of 28, eight years after eating a slug at a party, which left him quadriplegic.


The young rugby player ate the slug at a party in 2010 when he was 19. With no knowledge of the animal being infected with rat lungworm.


He contracted eosinophilic meningoencephalitis and fell into a coma for 420 days.


Sam spent three years in hospital after falling ill, but was later released in a motorised wheelchair.


One of Sam’s friends, Jimmy Galvin, who was present at the party, described the event as a “red wine appreciation night”.


Speaking to The Project, he said: “We were sitting, having a bit of a red wine appreciation night, trying to act as grown-ups and a slug came crawling across.


“The conversation came up, ‘Should I eat it?’. Off Sam went. Bang. That’s how it happened.”

   Recommend to friends
   Related Posts
time posted comments 0  views 61 
time posted comments 0  views 55 
time posted comments 0  views 74 
   Comments
   Website Comments
   Leave Comment

Blueprint T.V
View All Post    
Latest Posts
Latest Tweets
Tweet Us     
Blueafric Media
Ogwugo market
LILBURN FITNESS CENTER ENUGU
Lilburn Product
Lilburn Spa
Lilburn Loyalty Reward Card