Maybe you just got out of a relationship and aren’t ready for something serious. Maybe you have a really hot friend but, you don’t want something serious, yet you want someone at hand for sex, gifts etc. There are many valid reasons to start a Friends with Benefits relationship. The problem is, these things have a tendency to go south pretty quick — and not in the good way. Here are some golden rules you must adhere to for a perfect friends with benefits relationship :
1. Don’t Fall in Love – no matter how exciting and intriguing it might be for you, understand that the next person may not necessarily be feeling this way. DO NOT FALL IN LOVE!
2. Keep Your Affair Very Secret – It is all well and good to trust your friends. But understand that the moment you tell them you are engaged in this kind of affair, tongues would begin to wag.
3. Know When To Quit - Know when to run. Understand when to leave a relationship that has run its course.
4. Don’t kiss him goodbye - Remember, this is not a relationship. Remind yourself of this by having incredibly uncomfortable goodbyes devoid of affection and eye contact. A pat on the arm or a shoulder squeeze does nicely in a pinch..
5. Break it off after three months - Three months is the longest amount of time one can sustain this kind of relationship without it getting complicated. After three months, it’s an emotional free for all. You’re probably going to start getting cosmic about the whole thing.